Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mint Oreo truffles

This recipe is for mint oreo truffles. I think you could use other oreos, or other flavor chocolate to give it different flavors. I am going to try using the strawberry oreos one time with white chocolate, and then the regular oreos with white chocolate...anyway, get creative to find your fave flavor, but I followed this flavor combo and really like them! (So did my guests!)

1 pkg. mint oreos
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour. Scoop or roll into desired ball size then place onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper and place in freezer. Freeze for at least 30 min. While it freezing, make chocolate dip.

1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 TBS. shortning

Melt together and stir. You can use a pan on the stove to slowly melt it, or use a glass bowl in the microwave. Heat in 1 min intervals, stirring in between, to melt chocolate. Place toothpick in each ball. Dip frozen ball into chocolate and place back onto wax covered cookie sheet. After each ball is completely covered in chocolate, place pan back in freezer until serving time. Leaving the toothpicks in make for easy serving.

These were easy and fun! Tylar helped me make them, and they were very tasty! I can't wait until I try another flavor combination. This recipe yielded 24 balls, but there were good sized. If you wanted to get more out of the dough, make your balls smaller.
Have fun making them. Let me know what you think! :)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try your recipe. I have one similar but I just dip it into chocolate almond bark and use regular oreos. Mint sounds yummy!

Cori said...

I have tasted these before, yet never had the recipe. Thanks!!!

hilda dada said...

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck. healthcare revenue cycle

Some tunes