Saturday, July 5, 2008

It OVER!

As many of you know I help with the Stadium of Fire for the past three years. I have dancers who perform in the show. It is sooo much work, but much more fun! This year I had 11 dancers go. They did so well. I didn't have any who dropped from heat stroke due to the sun, and we did really good with the sunscreen and no one really got sunburned, but I did have one casualty. Katie Williams got her head hit by a flag and it cut her head really bad. She actually needed stitches, but chose not to have them. We took her to the hospital and my mom (who is a nurse) looked at her and taped her head shut and then glued it. She was such a trooper! She took about an hour rest and then went back to dancing! She rocks! If you get the chance, tell her how awesome she is.
The junior dancers had practice Wednesday night from 6 - 9 p.m. in the praking lot. Then on Thursday the 3rd the main dancers had to be at the stadium at 6:45 a.m.! They worked at getting their lines on the field straight. The junior dancers joined us at 8:45 a.m. The sun crested the mountains and it got HOT really fast! We did not leave the stadium that night until after 10 p.m. We found out that the temperature that day reached 104 degrees! WOW! We tried to keep them really hydrated, and only a couple of times did they say they didn't feel good. Then we all had to be back at the stadium by 6:45 a.m. Practice went until 12 noon. We all went home, had a much needed nap and then got ready for the show. We were back at the stadium at 6:30 p.m. ready for the show. We went on to the field at 8:30 p.m. and rocked! It was so much fun! The girls had a blast, and so did I.
It is so much work leading up to it, but the end reward is wonderful. Every year I say that I don't think I will do it next year, but after all is said and done, it is the best experience, for me and the girls. We were even invited to perform in the Poinsettia Bowl in Sand Diego on the 23rd of December this year! HOLY COW!
I love this so much! Even with all the hard work that goes into it, it is the greatest and best experience ever!

No comments:

Some tunes