Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our new addition to our family

Now, don't get too excited, we are not talking about a human addition. We decided to get a cat.I have wanted a cat for a long time, and I finally got her yesterday. JD and I had been talking about it for a while, and we made a trip to the animal shelter yesterday. When I saw her, I knew she was the one. I walked up to the cage and she stuck her little paw out and reached for me. It was so precious. We decided we needed to bring the kids in to see how she reacted to them. The lady at the desk told us that if we didn't find one we liked a whole new batch would be in tomorrow. I asked where these ones would go. She said today was their last day and then they would be euthanized. I almost burst into tears! I wanted to take all 20 of them home. I knew I couldn't. We left and after the kids got out of school we took them down. I knew she was a fit when she attached right to the kids. We did the adoption and brought her home. We named her S'mores. She is so precious. She hasn't had any accidents (yet) and is such a good kitty. She was a stray someone brought in. She does have a cold and has a vet appointment today to get her shots and a check-up. The animals at our house now outnumber the humans...1 cat, 1 dog, 1 fish and 2 rabbit. Hmmm...


Tylar petting her




Laying in her bed


She is so pretty!



Us at the adoption center.
A personal note...please have your pet spayed or neutered. I know I sound like Bob Barker, but to see the amount of stray cats and dogs at the shelter was heart breaking. To know that it wasn't their fault, but now they had to be put down was so hard. If you are looking for a pet, please adpot one from the animal shelter. Just knowing that I saved this precious life was amazing!

2 comments:

Hopefam said...

She is sooooo cute! I love that she has a kinda siamese look to her! Good Luck at the vet!

Natelli Johnston said...

oh, a kitty! that really did sound like you were anouncing something else thoug :D

Some tunes