Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stadium of Fire 2009

Once again, I did Stadium of Fire. I did not dissapoint! We had three days of practices. Thursday the 2nd we had just 6 hours of practice for the girls and then an hour and half directors meeting after! I didn't get home until almost midnight that night. It was stormy so it really wasn't too bad of a practice. We even got rained on a little. Friday the 3rd I had to be up by 5:30 am to get ready for practice that day. We had practice from 6:45 am until 10 p.m. that night. We did have a few lunch/dinner breaks and little drink and potty breaks during the day. It was hot thought. I really could have gone for more of the weather we had the night before, but it wasn't happening. Although it was hot, about 90 degrees, it wasn't as hot as last year. (It reached 105 last year!) The morning of the 4th I got up again around 5:30 am to get ready to go. We had practice again from 6:45 am until about noon. We went home, rested and then got ready for the show. It truly was a beautiful show. They had a ceremonial flag burning. I sobbed like a baby! I am a very patriotic person, so things like that get me. Ok, let me be honest...I cry during the national anthem...
The Jonas Brothers were not bad either. I would have to say that they were better than Miley Cyrus the year before. The show in whole was one of the best I have seen/been a part of. I am truly blessed to be part of this wonderful show! Can't wait for next year!


The girls in their practice uniform on Friday. These girls are such cheesers! XO


The girls in their practice uniforms Saturday.


Main dancers during dress rehearsal on Friday night. Kenadee, Kortney and Katei. (The KKK) :)


Junior dancers during dress rehearsal on Friday. Payton, Megan, Lauren, Shakota, Kelsi, and Casey. These cuties had so much energy.


The whole group ready for the show...just waiting to get lined up!


The part of the show where they burned the flag. One of my cute little ones look up at me and asked, "Miss Andrea, are you all right?" I was crying and she was concerned. How adorable!

The whole group after the show. Way to go ladies!!!

No comments:

Some tunes